Thursday, December 28, 2006

Sirius Radio...Am I Serious?

Santa was good to me and brought along a Sirius radio. Why did I choose Sirius you ask? Well I can assure you it was NOT because of Howard Stern! After much research I found that Sirius has quite a bit more music channels. You do the math.

Right now I've got it set up in the plug and play environment. Which means that I'm using my FM Tuner on my radio to dial in. Not the BEST option or the best reception but considering the other options require more parts, more installation and more money (Despite the fact that I'd install it myself.) I decided I would give it the trial run and be sure that I actually like the thing before going through all the trouble.

Here is my delimma. I was never a big radio person to begin with. This is why it's taken me so long to get the thing in the first place. I'm also not a big channel flipper (Unless I'm the passanger.)--Which is why I was never big into listening to the radio in the car. I always found it so much easier to just pop in a CD or plug in my iPod. So I'm going to have to find a station or two that I really like to make it worth my while. I was honestly hoping for more indie music, and it seems as if there is only one station that plays this. And it's indie/college at that. Which means that there is some indie and a bunch of what you'd consider "college radio music". I dig the "1st Wave" station which is old 80s new wave. And it was cool to hear all the old MTV VJs on the all 80s station... I dunno I'm still debating!

No comments: