Wednesday, February 08, 2006

I'm Not In Love

You know how it is, you're tooling around wind up coming across a song from the past that just kinda hits you in the gut...Whether it's memories, something that's going on in your life or what not, you feel this visceral kind of shake. At least that's how I am about music. So I'm tooling around on Rick Springfield's website (Yes. Shut up!) And there is a snip of this cover of 10cc's "I'm Not in Love". It totally did it for me...

I'm not in love, so don't forget
It's just a silly phase I'm going through
And just because I call you up
Don't get me wrong
Don't think you've got it made
I'm not in love
Oh no, It's because

I'd like to see you, but then again
It doesn't mean you mean that much to me
So if I call you, don't make a fuss
Don't tell your friends about the two of us
I'm in love
Oh no, It's because

I keep your picture upon the wall
It hides a nasty stain that's lying there
So don't you ask me to give it back
I know you know it doesn't mean that much to me
I'm not in love
No no, It's because

Ooh, you'll wait a long time for me
You'll wait a long time for me

No comments: