Friday, September 09, 2005

Looking Back...

Would anyone have ever imagined, oh say, fifteen years ago, that you'd be able to turn on the television in the middle of the afternoon and see a Megadeath video? --In the same rotation with 38 Special no less? If you sit around thinking about this stuff hard enough it'll send you stupid though. So...back to work with me, sitting on the sofa with VH1 Classics in the background, my sickly mac laptop (screen being propped up by a lovely bamboo tea scented candle because the hinges are snapped off of the monitor -- anyone know where I can find a cheap 15" titanium case, I'd be forever indebted) and sipping on some homemade lemonade. There are many reasons I don't have a traditional job. This is just one fine example. Cube farms be damned!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ZOMG... I'm trying to buy more bamboo tea scented candles... and your blog is the only thing that popped in the search engine!

I'm doomed!!!

I know it is distributed by target... and made in canada.. but they don't have it listed online and it isn't available at my local target.

*cries*

Kimmie said...

Sadly the bamboo tea candle distributed by target and manufactured by a company whos name I've longsince forgotten (look at the label on the bottom of the candle) is no longer being produced. The company stopped making candles alltogether. I know this because I searched high and low for the candle and then went straight to the company online who then gave me this information. So yeah you're not going to find that candle anywhere (And if you do, let me know). However, a very good substitute is Yankee Candle's Tea and Honey. You'll want to look for that as soon as possible as I don't think they make the scent anymore either and will be limited in stock.