Wednesday, June 19, 2002



Hey, is that David Gilmour?

Alright, I think that I've pretty much found the worst idea EVER! Seriously! I was flipping through the radio stations and I ended up settling on a classic rock station, cuz I've been in that kind of mood lately. So, I'm minding my own business when I hear this DJ explaining their "fun" weekend set up. "We're jumping on the bluegrass bandwagon... That's right, all of your favorite classic songs... done bluegrass style! You won't believe how great these songs sound." Of course this included clips of various classic songs like Pink Floyd's "The Wall", Joan Jett's "I Love Rock and Roll", and other artists such as Aerosmith, The Eagles, The Rolling Stones, etc. And believe me, they sounded far from great! In fact they were outright scary!

At first I thought it was a joke. I mean... it has to be a joke right? Nope, it's for real!

I'm sorry, but there is absolutely NOTHING even remotely good about Pink Floyd or any other classic artist remade into bluegrass! It's simply just wrong! And the snippets that they played drove this wrongness right on home. What the HELL were they thinking? And did anyone tune into listen to this garbage other than out of some morbid sense of curiosity? NO, I mean, REALLY!

No comments: