Monday, November 17, 2003

It's Just Wrong
What the hell! I dunno, maybe it's me, and my life-long love affair (in my own mind) with Rod Stewart... but it's kind of like this... There are a few artists that you just shouldn't cover. One of them is The Beatles. Another would be The Stones. Same with The Beach Boys (do I need to remind you of David Lee Roth's version of "California Girls"? Catchy? Yes. Wrong? Also yes.) And of course Rod. The only excusable Rod song to cover would be "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy" cuz that song is just LAME (even if I did love it when I was a kid), because I think that you can only improve on it. Then again, it was bad enough the first time around; I'd rather not relive it. Anyway... So Sheryl Crow decided to remake one of my all time favorite's "The First Cut Is The Deepest". And again I say... It's just wrong!

No comments: